Home » MedSpa » Laser Hair Removal

Laser Hair Removal in Macon, GA

Are you bothered by unwanted hair on your face, legs, or other areas of your body? Are you tired of shaving and waxing, only to have the hair return darker and thicker? If so, laser hair removal could be the answer. The Georgia Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery is led by Dr. Joshua R. Groves, board-certified by the American Board of Surgery. Dr. Groves has helped men and women in Macon, Warner Robins, Houston County, Bibb County and the surrounding area eliminate unwanted hair once and for all with laser hair removal.

What is Laser Hair Removal?

Laser hair removal involves the use of laser waves to permanently destroy hair follicles so that shaving, waxing, and using depilatories is a thing of the past. This procedure is performed using a special handpiece, which delivers targeted laser energy into the follicles found in the deepest layers of your skin. Each laser beam can effectively target hundreds of follicles at one time, so the procedure is fast and effective.


Benefits of Laser Hair Removal

A laser hair removal procedure is very comfortable, with most patients reporting only mild discomfort in the way of a light stinging sensation. After the first procedure, you should notice approximately 80% of hair strands in the targeted area are permanently removed. The remaining 20% grow back thinner, lighter, and less noticeable. Multiple procedures can be performed a short time later to remove these remaining hairs.

Requirements for Laser Hair Removal

Nearly anyone can undergo laser hair removal as it is considered a highly safe and effective treatment. For maximum results, you should be willing to commit to at least four treatments if you wish to have all the hair in a particular area completely eliminated.

Is Laser Hair Removal Right for Me?

Laser hair removal could be ideal if you:

  • Are bothered by especially thick hair on certain areas of your body
  • Are post-menopausal and wish to eliminate hair on your upper lip due to changes in hormones
  • Wish to avoid shaving and waxing altogether

How Involved is a Laser Hair Removal Procedure?

The laser hair removal procedure is completely non-invasive and does not require any anesthesia whatsoever. Dr. Groves will begin by cleansing your skin and then drying it thoroughly. You will recline comfortably in a chair or on a table while Dr. Groves applies the special handpiece to your skin. Once the procedure is completed, a moisturizer will then be applied to the treated area. You can expect to spend approximately 60 minutes in our office during each treatment session.

At the Georgia Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, we use the Cutera ProWave 770. This hand piece is a part of the Cutera Yag system. This hand piece is intended for use for laser hair removal in surgical, aesthetic, and cosmetic uses. It is approved for all skin types and is cost-effective.

How Long is the Recovery After Laser Hair Removal?

No downtime is typically needed after a laser hair removal session. You may nonetheless feel some sensitivity, tenderness, redness, and swelling for a day or so afterward. Any symptoms you do experience can be alleviated with a topical ointment or by taking over-the-counter medication.

How Much Does Laser Hair Removal Cost?

The cost of laser hair removal depends on the size of the area being treated and the number of sessions required to provide you with maximum results. During your consultation, we will discuss the cost, and go over our payment options to find one that best suits your needs.

Some procedures may be covered by medical insurance. Our staff is experienced in matters pertaining to insurance, and will work with your carrier to get you maximum coverage. In the event a procedure is not covered, we offer financing through CareCredit® and Alphaeon™Credit. We will be happy to assist in filling out the necessary application, or you may apply on the CareCredit® website prior to your appointment. We work with SunTrust Bank to offer low, fixed interest rate loans to patients with good to excellent credit for all cosmetic procedures, and also accept cash, personal checks, MasterCard®, Visa®, American Express®, and Discover® Card.

If you live in Macon, Warner Robins, Houston County, Bibb County or surrounding communities, permanent hair removal is possible by visiting the Georgia Center for Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery. Contact Dr. Groves today for your laser hair removal consultation.